Doing Business in West Mifflin
Welcome! We hope this page can offer a conduit between businesses, local government, and citizens regarding economic development in the Borough of West Mifflin. As part of an increased focus on supporting our local business community, West Mifflin Borough Council has created the Economic Development Board (EDB) to achieve the following objectives:
- Identify business opportunities throughout the Borough with the objective of assisting Council with economic development
- Establish lines of communication with current business owners throughout the Borough with the objective of hearing the business community’s concerns related to business challenges within the Borough and relaying information back to Council
- Serve as a liaison to potential new business owners with the objective of attracting new businesses to the Borough
- Coordinate with Allegheny County Economic Development, state, and federal agencies to access funding and financial incentive programs
- Organize regular public meetings for the purpose of discussing business development with the wider community.
Council would like the EDB to ensure that all perspectives are considered and membership will be drawn from West Mifflin citizens, West Mifflin “stakeholders” (e.g. – West Mifflin Area School District), as well as West Mifflin business owners. With input from both the public and business community, Borough Council hopes that the EDB will serve as a catalyst for further investment in our community. If you are unable to be involved with the EDB at this time, we would greatly appreciate if you could complete our business community survey to help gather information on the state of West Mifflin businesses. You can also find other information related to business development in West Mifflin on this webpage.
If you would like to serve as a member of the Economic Development Board or have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact Councilman John Inglis or the Borough offices. We look forward to hearing back from present businesses, as well as potential future businesses, in an effort to maximize the economic potential of our community!