Location: Allegheny County Airport, 12 Allegheny County Airport, West Mifflin, PA 15122 (front parking lot)
When: Saturday, August 16, 2014 from 9 AM to 1 PM
Materials Collected Free of Charge:
- Televisions, computers, and peripheral equipment
- Ink and toner cartridges
- Cell Phones and home phones
- CFL bulbs
- Used Vegetable/Cooking Oil (in original container with screw-on lid, no animal fats)
- Microwave Ovens
- Polystyrene packaging material
- VCRs, DVD players and cable boxes.
Fees for the following:
- Batteries, CDs, DVDs, and floppy disks cost $1/lb.
- Fluorescent tubes cost $1.50 for 4 feet and $3 for 8 feet.
- Small Freon-containing Appliances cost $15.
- Small kitchen appliances cost $5.
- Large stereo speakers and vacuum cleaners cost $10.
- Tires cost $3 per tire without rim.
The Recreation Department will be hosting our Annual Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 12th from 10:30am-12:00pm at the West Mifflin Area High School. Festivities will include an Easter egg hunt, a visit from the Easter Bunny and refreshments. All kids 0-10 are encouraged to participate. Each kid will receive a gift bag. Hope to see you there!
Give a little love to your park.
Help Macy’s support local parks today by donating to:
National Recreation and Park Association,
creating community through parks and recreation!
Donate $1 or more at the register and Macy’s will match your donation, dollar for dollar, up to $250,000 in total!
For more information, visit macys.com/parks
Donations being collected at Macy’s in The Waterfront and Century III Mall for Ryan Hacke Memorial and West Mifflin Community Park from March 7th through March 31st.
RE-APPROVAL OF A RECOMMENDED SUB DIVISION
Case #: PLC 11-05
Applicant: Richard Fialkovich
Address: 819 Corbin St., West Mifflin, PA 15122
Owner of Property: Richard Fialkovich
Property Location: 819 Corbin St., West Mifflin, PA 15122
Zoning District: R-2
Applicant is requesting re-approval of a recommend sub division of 2 lots to correct lot lines and parcel numbers.
Case #: PLC 14-01
Applicant: Westwood & Associates LLC
Address: 2050 Hayden Blvd., Elizabeth, PA 15037
Owner of Property: Westwood & Associates LLC
Owner's Address: 825 Commonwealth Ave., West Mifflin, PA 15122
Zoning District: R-1
The applicant is requesting a recommendation for Final Approval for the construction of a Planned Residential Development (PRD) on 23.7 acres of land located at the West Wood Golf Course. The development would be phased for the construction of 73 single family condominiums. The developer is also requesting approval of the sub division associated with the Planned Residential Development. The developer is also requesting the phasing of the construction site.
Golden Triangle Construction is under contract with PennDOT for the replacement of the bridge structure carrying Lebanon Road (SR 885) in West Mifflin Borough, Allegheny County, over the Union Railroad. In accordance with the specifications for our project, this notice is to inform you of upcoming construction and traffic restrictions.
Work is scheduled to begin on Thursday, March 27, 2014, weather permitting. The bridge will be constructed using half width construction. Traffic will be maintained for the duration of the project, although lane widths may be reduced. We appreciate your understanding and for the safety of our workers, we kindly ask that all members of your organization and community use caution, observe and obey signs and posted speed limits, and pay attention when driving through the work zone.
- Where is the exact location of this bridge on SR 885? This bridge is located between the South Hills Industrial Park and the Airport Runway Underpass
- What is the anticipated completion date of the project? April 7, 2015 is the current completion date
- Will you be working daylight shift only or around the clock? Our shifts may vary, but daylight shift is planned
- Will you be working on weekends? Some weekend work is possible, but weekday work will be planned
BOROUGH OF WEST MIFFLIN
Public notice is hereby given pursuant to section 1006 (1) of the Borough Code an act of assembly No. 175 of 1974, of the Meeting Times for 2014. West Mifflin Borough Council shall meet on the specific dates and times listed below, unless amended, in the Council Chambers of the NEW Borough Building, 1020 Lebanon Road, West Mifflin, PA 15122
2014 Caucus Meetings will be held at 6:00 PM, the Wednesday before Legislative Meeting:
March 12, April 9, May 14, June 11, July 9, August 13, September 10, October 15, November 12 and December 16
2014 Legislative Council Meetings will be held at 6:00 PM, Third Tuesday of Every Month:
March 18, April 15, May 21, June 17, July 15, August 19, September 16, October 21, November 18 and December 16
Brian M. Kamauf